Hi there, friends!
So this weekend was nothing short of wonderful. I celebrated 15 years of friendship with my dear friend, I went to see Gravity with my guy (it was soooo amazing) and I saw Kyle compete in another cyclocross race. I’m feeling rested and ready for the week for once!
Enjoying some beers (and a pretty great coaster!)
On that note, here are some links I’d like to share:
Happy Monday, my friends!
This weekend, Kyle finished an Olympic length Triathlon! It was incredibly impressive, and I’m really proud of him.
So this is looking to be a busy week! I’ve got a number of wedding venues to visit, some friends to catch up with, and book club with my ladies! I’m looking forward to it, but also am anticipating being very busy. Also, did you know that wedding venues are all apparently booked up for every good summer weekend ever? Yeah, I guess I missed the memo that told everyone to get on booking their dates starting in Junior High. Anyway, wish us luck!
Here are some fun links for your week! This is an extra long list because I’ve been having difficulty with my blog reader (Feedly!) and have done some much-needed catching up in the past few weeks.
- Have you upgraded your iPhone to IOS7 yet? I love the new look and feel- it makes my inner typographic designer nerd happy. I thought this was an interesting article about the flat design and usability.
- I’m working on making my own black maxi dress, and appreciated these thoughts from Adventures in Dressmaking on how to turn a DIY maxi into a year-round wardrobe staple.
- Alicia Marie tipped me off on how awesome this All Jolene All the Time playlist from Bitch magazine is. Sometimes, you just need to listen to the same song over and over again, right?
- I’ve been feeling the need to thrift shop again, and this article from Yes and Yes on the 4 things you’ll always find at a thrift shop gives me some ideas!
- Along those lines, I also really enjoyed this post from Oh Joy on how to make vintage style clothes work for you- oftentimes just hemming it here and adjusting the sleeves there will do the trick! I’m itching to pull out my sewing machine.
- One of my favorite bloggers of the sister duo A Beautiful Mess is celebrating one year in her home, and I’m finding myself envious of her space! So many fun, creative ways to express your personality in your living space.
- I’m trying to keep tabs on some of the fun (and money-saving!) DIY projects that can be associated with weddings- I’m liking the idea of making my own veil, doing my own flowers, and more- within reason and while hoping to keep my sanity, of course!
- Everyone has multiple passions, and this post from the passionate and talented Hip Hop Sideproject highlights how using these unique passions can help you find a niche that is truly your life’s work.
- Feel like doing a little wood working? This project idea for a woven back bench from Remodelaholic would be a fun addition to a mudroom or porch.
Well hello there!
This isn’t a real blog post. There are so many projects and links and books and thoughts I’ve been piling up for this space, and just haven’t had time to put to words. Things are busy. Crazy, can’t-have-a-moments-rest kind of busy.
So here is just a short snapshot of what I’ve been up to, at least until things settle and I can return to my old bloggy self.
My baby brother Jesse Lee is getting married this weekend! I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the early days of Erin and Jesse- we were so stinking cute! And now we’re so big and grown up and I’m just so proud of him for who he has become. I’m excited to share this milestone with the guy who was my very first friend.
In preparation for the big day, I spent a good part of last weekend at the Davis Homestead, helping set up for what’s going to be a pretty great party. I forget how beautiful and quiet this home can be; it felt really good and strangely nostalgic to work with my parents on the house- reminds me of summers of the past!
My grandparent’s new dog, Ira! Named after the Ballad of Ira Hayes, of course.
Next week, Kyle and I are embarking on a camping/roadtrip. Last night we sat down to plan our first couple days, and I am so excited! Our general direction is to head toward Boulder, Colorado and visit a good friend there working to finish his PhD. Any and all suggested pit stops are welcome! So far we have the Grand Tetons on our list.
Have a wonderful week. I’ll be back soon.
Hey there and happy mid-week! Man, has this week been busy so far- and now it’s already Wednesday!
On Monday I was given the opportunity to present at an all company meeting, in front of 100+ people. It was absolutely exhilarating! I felt confident and knowledgable, and so excited to share my work with the company. And this coming from the girl who would stay home “sick” rather than give a speech in 4th grade.
It felt good.
Since then, something wonderful has happened. People are saying hi to me in the hallways. They’re striking up conversations at lunch, and inviting me to meetings. It’s like now that they know what I do, they’re ready to engage and be a part of it. So overall, this has been a pretty good week so far.
Hey there! This Monday comes on the heels of a very restful, lazy weekend. Here are some of the highlights:
- I read a great amount.
- I did a bit of sewing.
- I celebrated dads! Thanks for being the coolest, Scott Davis!
- We saw Spring Breakers, which…really. Just wow.
- We made grocery lists:
- We had back yard fun times:
And here are some links to start out your week!
Happy happy Monday!
So this week has been off to a somewhat rough start. In addition to being sick as a dog all day yesterday and Sunday, I’m bumping up my non-freelance work to practically full time, which may not sound like a lot, but it’s a pretty sizeable dent into my workload right now, given that I’m going to continue to work with select clients on a per-project basis.
Why did I choose to do this? Maybe I like the challenge. Maybe I’m a teeny bit masochistic. Maybe I have a problem saying no. Or maybe I just love what I do, and can’t seem to get enough of it!
(probably a combination of all of those)
Anyway, here are some fun links I found in the last week, and some pics I snapped at some point for good measure.
Mason jars and crazy staws: essential book club supplies.
In honor of my book club meeting this week, I’ve put together a short list of things I’d like to read this summer:
My parent’s cat. Who would have ever guessed they’d get an indoor cat?!
How cute and rustic is my mom’s mantel, above? We Davis gals have a thing for southwestern patterns and cowgirls misbehaving. Speaking of down-home, how about these tasty sounding comfort foods?
Kyle pretends to be a dog forced to wear booties.
Speaking of silly:
Just a couple of nerd sandals in love.
Have a wonderful week!