There is something about this Monday that really has a smile on my face. It might be the weather. It might be the tremendous news I had last week (top secret but it’s got me beaming!). It might be the amazing Season Finale for Mad Men.
It might be this website, that never fails to make me smile and want to do something random and kind and a little weird for other people. Do you ever send E Cards? Do they normally make you groan and roll your eyes? Well these are hilarious, and a great way to tell someone in a really inappropriate way that you’re thinking of them.
Anyway, I’ve made a discovery of my new favorite coffee shop on Hawthorne. Oui Press has everything I like- bold typography in the decor, french and delicious pastries, free wifi and good coffee. Look how cute it is:
Anyway, here are some head-scratchers I found this week on the internet. Happy Monday!
- Nubby Twiglet reads this book, and now I want to, also. Great review.
- How to be a Beginner– good advice from Miss Modish and pretty pivotal in my life right now!
- What is it about McSweeney’s that always seems to speak directly to me? This piece entitled “The Ultimate Guide to Writing Better Than You Normally Do.” is pretty hilarious in how spot-on it is.
- I’ve been thinking a lot lately about taking banjo lessons at the lovely Artichoke Music on Hawthorne in preparation for the amazingness that will be this year’s Pickathon. Doesn’t it seem like some people have a musical gift, and other people have a song inside them they don’t know how to start- or in my case are too tone deaf to articulate?
- My old-timey creative streak is itching to try out this tutorial for turning a photo into an engraving in Photoshop. Maybe this week!
Have an excellent start to a sunny week!