This Manic Monday comes to you late because it’s been extra manic!
Last week, my iPhone died on the 4th of July, which really put a damper on the holiday for me until I realized it was a magical free pass to step away from my phone, email and Facebook and just enjoy a day off.
Today I picked up my new iPhone, and it is glorious. I already have Siri calling me “girl” and texting Kyle about how she’s becoming self aware. I’m sure there are other, more professional applications of this new tool, I just haven’t gotten to it yet.
Today’s links brought to you by the randomness that has been this last week and weekend!
- Friends and I went to see Hamlet in a nearby cemetery. Playing all this weekend!
- Why boredom is good for creativity– I knew all that desk drawer organizing was productive!
- I’m currently reading this book and it’s given me a lot to think about when it comes to my portfolio, my business plan, and where I see myself going.
- For the 4th of July, my friends and I have a tradition of watching Independence Day and blowing stuff up. This year, we watched the special uncut version. This gif from #whatshouldwecallme seems applicable.
- This week I got lost in learning about the golden age of Hollywood- Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, Angela Lansbury. I also watched “Desk Set“, a hilarious and now completely outdated movie about office politics and the total lack of information at your fingertips with the stroke of a few buttons. Can you even imagine?
- If anyone out there happens to know a good place to purchase a record player, we came across a little treasure trove including Back in Black and a bunch of John Denver.
Here’s to a great week! Enjoy the sunshine, you PDXers!