This weekend was the first weekend for a few months that had absolutely no plans- no trips, no hang outs, nothing. It was glorious. I forgot how wonderful it is to just be in my city and my home without rushing around somewhere or preparing for something.
On Sunday, the Sunday Parkways project rode right by my front porch. Portland shut down many of its bike-friendliest streets and opened up the biking floodgates. It was fun to see and hear all the young bicyclists on their first ride through Portland!
I also went on a bike ride down the Springwater Trail with a dear old friend for her first ride in years- turns out it really is just like riding a bicycle!
(I’m just pretending to also ride her bike. We had separate bikes for the trip.)
Here are some other things that cause me to smile, scratch my head, or want to share:
- Something we could all learn to do a bit better: Easing up.
- How to know when to go freelance? Maybe one of the scariest questions I keep asking myself!
- So cool! This layout of the Friends apartment has me craving a Friends marathon. Originally seen on A Diary of Lovely.
- Your dreams are waiting…nothing is better than now. Great words of advice and inspirational!
- Can you distill your blog story?
- Brainstorming for your blog – pretty solid advice from two of the greatest!
- The value of social media to freelancers! Thanks, Breanna Rose.
Hope you have a great week!