Happy Labor Day!
Whether you’re off with the family for the last weekend before school starts up, or enjoying a staycation in your eerily vacant city, I hope you’re enjoying this freebie day off!
(And if you don’t have the day off, I am very sorry to rub it in. My bad.)
I’m being a go-getter and prescheduling this post on Friday, so I have no idea what the weekend holds for me! Some swimming in a lake? Some dancing with friends? Good food and great wine? No one can know for sure- except me, when this is actually published and the weekend is mostly over. It’s like I’m writing a message to my future self, which now that I think about it isn’t that impressive. (you forgot to buy milk again, didn’t you?)
ed. note: I totally DID forget to buy milk. Spooky.
Here are some links to while away your Labor day:
- Yes and Yes seems to be one of my favorite blogs lately. I particularly love this post on doing things by yourself– something I try to do as often as possible. Because I hate people. And love myself. And probably don’t actually hate people.
- Bri’s post on how to pitch your dream client has me eyeballing a few local brands. I love these tips from a (very very talented) designer I admire!
- Not only do I love the branding of The Nextness‘ blog, but this post on client-creative relationships really resonated with me. I also really appreciate the “thou shalt” and “thines” used in this post.
- Organizing tips that don’t involve spending $$$ at the Container Store? Yes please!
- Helping my brother and his fiance with wedding invites has clicking for hours on beautiful design inspiration! I particularly like this from Ruffled.
- This post on Decor8 was so brave. I can’t tell you how often I find myself wondering if my “A Type” personality and ambition are actually getting in the way of finding my ultimate happiness, rather than a vehicle for getting there.