Although I had vowed to spend as much time as I could on my couch last weekend, it proved to be a busy time, punctuated with lots of work! Which is good. I am so lucky to have so many great clients at the moment, and my creative muscles are definitely getting quite a stretch!
(I did, however, manage to eat pretty well)
Given all the quality computer time, though, I also set aside quite a few links for today’s post. Here you go:
- Here’s a pumpkin carving contest– top prize wins a Kitchenaid mixer! Get your creative caps on!
- We need a new word for marketing- a great summary from what sounds like an amazing creative hangout session! Couldn’t agree more.
- With the return of 30 Rock, this Liz Lemon in a box kit is perfectly timed! High-fiving a million angels!
- A very helpful worksheet to get to the heart of your brand, from A Moxie Pear and Oh My, Handmade Goodness!
- Thinking with my abundance of vertical space in my apartment, I might just need to try out this plant hanger DIY.
- Fall is here, and from my blog reader, I have deduced that apple picking is the new black. Here’s a delicious looking recipe from In Honor of Design.
- These kids costumes are so clever and adorable- do you think it would be equally cute if an adult wanted to be Frida Kahlo for Halloween?
- Any Portland area social media geniuses looking for work? Here’s an opportunity with the amazing Frolic! blog.
- Ahhh, the old work/life balance discussion. Will we ever find our perfect mix? Does it change every job/every day?
- Hmm. Try to be amazing at a few things, rather than just decent at a lot of them. I always try to keep this in mind when I inevitably take up a new hobby. (I’m looking at you, banjo.)
- This is a little self-promotional, but I finally got my chalk art up on the old portfolio! It’s one of those quirky services I offer that is a bit more of a passion project- definitely a creative release!