Hello and welcome to Monday, my friends! I know quite a few people have today off because of MLK day, and I hope that you’re putting your day to good use. I for one, am working- and kind of appreciate that fact more so than after previous weekends.
This weekend was really great. I spent time with people I adore and don’t get to see often enough. I read, organized my life and ate well. (see pictures of cooking below. Yum.) I completed a few projects, did some much-needed cleaning, and found time to completely rearrange furniture for the heck of it. What, you don’t do that in your spare time?
For some reason, though, I couldn’t shake this feeling of anxiousness this weekend. I’m hoping that getting back to work and into my routine of productive task managing might help. So here’s to you, Monday!
Before that whirlwind of productive activity sets in, though, let’s share some pictures from the weekend, and some links I found on the internet this past week:
Pretty kitchen, full of food for a really great meal.
- This photographic wallpaper from A Beautiful Mess is such a fun addition to a room – for someone who has a pretty eclectic decorating style (such as myself).
- Breanna Rose shares her 24 things to do before turning 25 – and makes me think about the things I have done as a world-traveled 26 year old
- A short list for staying inspired from Little Tree.
- I have to admit, I did the math and was grossed out. Be careful of flu season, from XKCD.
- I love My Daguerrotype Boyfriend, and thought Capt. Lawrence Oates was especially dreamy and valiant in his last words.
- Kind of love the idea of working less and doing more, from Life without Pants.
- I love the many, many ways talented people display their merchandise, from Oh, Hello Friend. Almost makes me want to open up a boutique shop just to play.
- I thought this misspelled foods desktop wallpaper via the Fox Is Black was hilarious.
- How to clean off antique knobs from Design sponge.
- I don’t even watch the Bachelor, and I find this guy’s reviews of every episode hilarious. From Rocket Shoes, “The Bachelor, Reviewed by A Guy. Sort of.”
Have a great Monday!