Whoa. So I sat down to write today and was kindly told by WordPress that I first registered this blog 4 years ago today. That’s a long time! Adding to that is the fact that I’m a little short of 3 weeks from a whole year of Manic Monday posts. That’s 49 posts as of today! It’s true what they say- it takes a lot of work to form a habit. Today, at almost a year of solid blogging, I still feel that amount of work.
But it’s also been very rewarding. It’s helped me (digitally) meet some great people. I’ve come across some wonderful creatives, thinkers and doers through this community. It has challenged me to keep up my creative efforts, even when they are monstrously unsuccessful (I have a heap of paper and glue sitting in my basement to prove this). It has lead to clients and friends and a way to connect with my family- hey grandma!
Thanks for 4 years of blogging, and your continued readership.
And now, here are some links:
- I love this tip to hide alarm panel covers- or perhaps a thermostat!
- I end up pulling this move every time I find myself in an awkward situation (which is often.)
- Loving the new, simple design over at Hip Hop Side Project! Get it, girl!
- Workspaces of famous creative people are kind of addicting. I’d love to sit down and write in Kelly Wearstler’s office.
- Loving this typographic take on interior design! It might be shouting a bit, but I’d love to do something like this in my space.
- This was a pretty open and honest post about the love/hate relationship freelancers develop with their work. I can see a lot of it in my own back and forth routine!
- I’m really grooving to the layout and presentation of watercolor combined with lace in these wedding invitations! I need to find a girly client to start executing these types of inspiration.
- Dorothy Parker does it again– Clear Writing with Mr. Clarity outlines one of my favorite quotes from the great dame.