So this week has been off to a somewhat rough start. In addition to being sick as a dog all day yesterday and Sunday, I’m bumping up my non-freelance work to practically full time, which may not sound like a lot, but it’s a pretty sizeable dent into my workload right now, given that I’m going to continue to work with select clients on a per-project basis.
Why did I choose to do this? Maybe I like the challenge. Maybe I’m a teeny bit masochistic. Maybe I have a problem saying no. Or maybe I just love what I do, and can’t seem to get enough of it!
(probably a combination of all of those)
Anyway, here are some fun links I found in the last week, and some pics I snapped at some point for good measure.
In honor of my book club meeting this week, I’ve put together a short list of things I’d like to read this summer:
- A Visit from the Goon Squad
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
- When Everything Changed: the amazing journey of American women
How cute and rustic is my mom’s mantel, above? We Davis gals have a thing for southwestern patterns and cowgirls misbehaving. Speaking of down-home, how about these tasty sounding comfort foods?
- Lemon and Chia pull apart bread from A Beautiful Mess
- Broccoli salad from Chris Loves Julia
- The best cheesy biscuits you’ll ever have from A Cup of Jo
Speaking of silly:
- This video of conversations with your 2 year old daughter as enacted by a grown man (originally found via Cup of Jo) is so hilarious!
- I love this bedroom redesign! So bold! So fresh! (from Aparement Therapy)
- Feeling pretty jealous of Elise Blaha’s zen garden in her favorite corner of her house. I love her more paired down, but still cozy style. I need to get better at curating my decor- sometimes less really is more!
Have a wonderful week!