Happy Monday, my friends!
This weekend, Kyle finished an Olympic length Triathlon! It was incredibly impressive, and I’m really proud of him.
So this is looking to be a busy week! I’ve got a number of wedding venues to visit, some friends to catch up with, and book club with my ladies! I’m looking forward to it, but also am anticipating being very busy. Also, did you know that wedding venues are all apparently booked up for every good summer weekend ever? Yeah, I guess I missed the memo that told everyone to get on booking their dates starting in Junior High. Anyway, wish us luck!
Here are some fun links for your week! This is an extra long list because I’ve been having difficulty with my blog reader (Feedly!) and have done some much-needed catching up in the past few weeks.
- Have you upgraded your iPhone to IOS7 yet? I love the new look and feel- it makes my inner typographic designer nerd happy. I thought this was an interesting article about the flat design and usability.
- I’m working on making my own black maxi dress, and appreciated these thoughts from Adventures in Dressmaking on how to turn a DIY maxi into a year-round wardrobe staple.
- Alicia Marie tipped me off on how awesome this All Jolene All the Time playlist from Bitch magazine is. Sometimes, you just need to listen to the same song over and over again, right?
- I’ve been feeling the need to thrift shop again, and this article from Yes and Yes on the 4 things you’ll always find at a thrift shop gives me some ideas!
- Along those lines, I also really enjoyed this post from Oh Joy on how to make vintage style clothes work for you– oftentimes just hemming it here and adjusting the sleeves there will do the trick! I’m itching to pull out my sewing machine.
- One of my favorite bloggers of the sister duo A Beautiful Mess is celebrating one year in her home, and I’m finding myself envious of her space! So many fun, creative ways to express your personality in your living space.
- I’m trying to keep tabs on some of the fun (and money-saving!) DIY projects that can be associated with weddings- I’m liking the idea of making my own veil, doing my own flowers, and more– within reason and while hoping to keep my sanity, of course!
- Everyone has multiple passions, and this post from the passionate and talented Hip Hop Sideproject highlights how using these unique passions can help you find a niche that is truly your life’s work.
- Feel like doing a little wood working? This project idea for a woven back bench from Remodelaholic would be a fun addition to a mudroom or porch.