I have to say, I typically hate New Year’s Eve. The expectations are just too high! Everyone hopes for a romantic, sparkly, epic party to go to, and more often than not it’s a disappointment leading to a hangover.
One of the things I love about this time of the year, though, is the time for reflection. While I look forward to 2014 and all it will bring (weddings! puppies! honeymoons!), I’m realizing what a transformative year 2013 was for me, my friends, and my family.
Here are some of the bigger moments of 2013:
- I went full time in my job, and set more of a focus on my career.
- I said goodbye to my Grandpa.
- I watched my little brother get married!
- It snowed! …very little.
- I watched Kyle finish his first (and potentially last?) Olympic-Length Triathlon.
- Perhaps less exciting than a triathlon, but I got a bike!
- My family completed the Pole Pedal Paddle in Bend!
- I took part in the Rose Festival Dragon Boat Races.
- I hit 4 years of blogging with WordPress
- I finally hiked Dog Mountain and made more of an effort to get outside this summer.
- I drew fun chalk things, worked with amazing clients, and further developed my design chops.
And of course one of the biggies, I got engaged to a wonderful guy!
I just keep coming back to how lucky I am, how loved I am, and how much I have to look forward to. Here’s to a great new year, and a wonderful ending to 2013.