December 2015 saw the purchase of our first home – a 1946 ranch style home in Milwaukie, Oregon. We were really fortunate to find a move-in ready home, so little real work was required when we got our keys.
Over the holidays, Kyle and I spent our time off moving, unpacking, and personalizing this blank space. We’re moving a room at a time, and have made the most progress in our living room and dining room. Here’s a peek at where we are today!
Living room record station, featuring:
- Artwork: A print from Blitzen Trapper’s Harvest Tour and Boba Fat Poster
- Ikea Ranarp Lamp
- Record player and records- a collection of inherited classics from our parents, thrift store finds and a few awesome wedding gifts.
Front door (and part of our dining room over there!), featuring:
- Typewriter poster
- Front door wind chime – another wedding gift!
- Pendleton blanket
- Pillow – one of the many pillows I made over the holidays
- This chair is actually one section of the couch featured below – the flexible, modular couch means this piece can be pulled out and used as separate seating.
Living room couch (and pooch), featuring:
- Can I tell you how much I love this couch? It’s the perfect height to keep from blocking any part of that large window showing off my backyard. It’s big enough that Kyle, Osa and I can all be laying on it during a movie. And it matches this whole mid-century eclectic thing we seem to have going.
- Pillows – these are more pillows I made over the holidays, featuring more Pendleton wool.
- Another Ikea lamp – not sure if it’s still available for purchase.
- A poster Kyle got from a friend who had visited China during college
Dining Room – probably the room we’ve put the most work into! Featuring:
- A table Kyle made his own darn self! Using instructions from this blog, he spent several days planing, sanding, staining and finishing this table and bench.
- This southwestern print rug from All Modern – very affordable and with free delivery!
- And sitting on the picture ledge – a mix of local prints, the same log fabric from our pillows and a photo from our engagement shoot with Joe Tobiason.
We definitely have many more projects in mind – and have an office, our bedroom, and a guest room to tackle (not to mention the garage and attached bonus room!) but we’re starting to feel pretty cozy in our new home.