Firstly: Happy May the Fourth! Today is the day Star Wars Nerds unite, and watch the new trailer over and over again.
I had a wonderful weekend enjoying the sunshine, hanging out in my backyard, and I finally got around to setting up a sewing station for a couple bigger projects I have in mind!
For today’s Manic Monday
, I’d like to tell you about a wonderful Portland-based walking tour and the local artisanal and craftsman products featured in this tour.
First, a disclaimer: Culture Craft is set to formally launch in May, and is the brain-child of the wonderfully talented and wickedly funny Shauna Noah, who I am lucky to count as among my good friends. This connected lady has pulled together some of the most interesting emerging artisans located in the inner southeast area of Portland, and I got to be part of her test run this last weekend. I also helped her in designing her logo.
Here’s a little glimpse at the fun we got up to:
Culture Craft’s website isn’t launched quite yet, so for more information, I’d encourage you to visit the Facebook Page
. And here are links to each stop we were able to visit in our tour:
- BaseCamp Brewing.
- Favorite thing: The s’more stout.
- What I learned: the fiberoptic cables on the ceiling make up the constellations!
- Jacobsen Salt:
- Favorite thing: The smoked salt.
- What I learned: making salt is more involved than you would think, and produces a lot of calcium!
- Ancient Heritage Dairy:
- Unfortunately not open during this first run tour, but I am extremely enthusiastic to learn more about them.
- EastSide Distilling:
- Favorite thing: The Burnside Bourbon-what else??
- What I learned: the (very delicious) marionberry whiskey will feature prominently at this year’s Rose Festival.
- Potato Champion Food Cart:
- Favorite thing: Poutine!
- What I learned: a sample size of poutine but whets the appetite for more.
- Woodblock Chocolate:
- Favorite thing: this is a tough one, it was all so good! I guess the toasted sesame, it was surprising and satisfying.
- What I learned: basically, what makes for real chocolate. I had no idea how chocolate was made, and what it could mean to tie the process so completely together with the agriculture. Informative and tasty.
All in all, I would highly recommend this tour and visiting these places on their own! All nice people, doing beautiful and thoughtful work.
Hello and happy Monday!
Portland is having a beautiful run of weather. This weekend was spent in long walks with my puppy, and hanging out in the sunshine. Just 20 minutes outside and I’m already a little crispy–I blame my pale, translucent native Portland skin.
Osa also loved the warm weather. Can you tell?
Here are some fun links for your week!
- I love this article on how to stop apologizing all the time! It’s something I’ve noticed myself doing, and if nothing else reading this article helped me become more aware of my own habits.
- Elsie shared some of her Hand Lettering Tips on A Beautiful Mess a while back, and it’s inspired me to start back up with my typographic drawings! Now I’m looking for different fun turns of phrases to illustrate. Open to suggestions!
- With Spring upon us, the time for gardening and outdoor projects is also here. This DIY Chevron lattice Trellis from Remodelaholic is fun!
- I’m starting to feel like I’m the only one in Portland who doesn’t know the joy of making my own Hummus. It’s seriously come up 2-3 times in the last month! Here’s a recipe I’m going to try out this week.
- And if you need a laugh, I can’t help but giggle about this video. “My name is John Daker.”
Kyle and I in our wolf “honey” and “mooner” shirts!
I’m back. I’m a Mrs. I had an amazing honeymoon. More will follow along these lines, but for right now I’m just so glad to have free time again! I’ve been recovering from wedding mania with fun, friends, family, and exercise. Now, I’m ready to be back to my “regular” routine, and that includes keeping up with this blog.
Here’s to a return to my normal blogging routine!
And here are some links to keep you busy this week:
Hello! Happy Monday, y’all! It’s almost 5:00 and I can safely say that the end of this day cannot come quickly enough. “Case of the Mondays” isn’t a sufficient term for today; I had more of a Monday Keg.
Getting SUPER AMPED about marketing resources? Sounds about right.
So let’s distract ourselves with some fun links! This is a long list because the last time I posted a link blog was so long ago. Ha!
Here’s to a week that only gets better!